Another dish claimed by both Gujarat and Maharashtra. I feel that the spinach puri rather than regular puris tasted better with the Aamras.
Ingredients For Aamras:
- Ripe mangoes: 2 large
- Mixed nuts chopped fine : ¼ cup
For Spinach Puri:
- Wheat flour: 1 cup
- Spinach: ½ kg
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder : ¼ tsp
- Ajwain ( caraway seeds): ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder : ¼ tsp
- Oil: 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying : 2 cups
Method for Aamras:
- Peel and chop the mangoes into large pieces and make a puree.
- Transfer into a bowl and sprinkle the nuts on top.
- Chill for 2-3 hours.
Method for Spinach Puris:
- Chop the spinach finely and boil till cooked. Strain to remove excess water. Keep aside.
- Take wheat flour in a plate and add all the ingredients including the spinach and knead into a tight dough.
- Use the spinach water if necessary.
- Roll out small puris and deep fry.
- Serve with the chilled Aamras.