- Mangoes: 3 medium
- Milk: 2 liters full cream
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Nuts: almonds, pistachios chopped fine : ¼ cup
- Pure ghee: 2 tbsp
- Peel and chop 2 ½ mangoes into large pieces and make a puree. Keep aside.
- Cut the remaining ½ mango into tiny pieces and keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed pan on a gentle flame till it thickens. Keep stirring constantly. Don’t let it boil over, or burn.
- The milk should be boiled till it is roughly ¼ of the original quantity.
Note: The creaminess of the ice-cream depends on how well the milk is boiled. So take care to thicken it well.
- Add the sugar and stir well to dissolve the sugar. In about 5-10 minutes the sugar will dissolve completely. Keep aside to cool.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee to a wok, let it heat and add the mango puree. Saute on a gentle flame till the puree starts thickening.
- Transfer the puree to the thickened milk stir gently and boil again for 5-7 minutes. The mixture by now should be very thick.
- Transfer to a freezing dish or alternately into kulfi moulds.
- In another wok add 1 tbsp ghee and lightly fry the nuts, and transfer to the milk mixture.
- Add the chopped mangoes and freeze for 5-6 hours.
- Serve with cut mangoes.