This is a kind of raita or relish from Palghat, Kerala. Goes very well with most main dishes. Also known as ‘MangaiParakku’.
- Raw mangos: 1 medium
- Fresh, well set curd: 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds : ¼ tsp
- Dried Red chilli: ½
- Oil: ¼ tsp
- Fresh curry leaves: 2 stalks
- Peel and chop the mango into tiny pieces. Do not grate. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, beat the curd gently with a fork to get an even consistency and keep aside.
- Grind together ingredients for grinding to a smooth paste, using a little water.
- Transfer the paste into the bowl of curd, mix gently, add the cut mango and mix. Add salt and keep aside.
- In a wok, heat oil, add mustard and red chilli and when it splutters, add the curry leaves.
- Transfer to the bowl of Pachadi. Chill before serving.