A Delicious chutney also known as Methambo.
- Raw mangoes which are turning ripe: 2 medium
- Jaggery: 2 tbsp( can be more or less according to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric : ¼ tsp
- Black mustard seeds: ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds: ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds: ¼ tsp
- Aniseed ( saunf) : ¼ tsp
- Nigella seeds ( kalonji): ¼ tsp
- Dried red chilli: 2
- Fresh Curry leaves : 2-3 stalks
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Peel and cut the mangoes into small pieces. Keep aside.
- Powder the jaggery coarsely and keep aside.
- In a wok heat the oil on a gentle flame, and add all the ingredients for tempering.
- When the mustard seeds start spluttering, add the cut mangoes. Stir well and sauté the mangoes. Add salt and turmeric.
- Add 1 cup of water to cook the mangoes. Continue on a gentle flame.
- When the mangoes are cooked, add the jaggery, and stir gently till it is dissolved in the mango.
- Remove from fire and cool. Serve with hot parathas or puris.